6 June 2020

Inga



Dato Abramishvili & Giorgi Gogichaishvili : 2020

Inga is my name. I've just turned 18. Which means I have no right to stay at the orphanage any longer. This is the law. I've married a man whom I'd never met before. This is my choice. My husband appears to be mentally disabled. I stay with him. This is love. We live with my husband's relatives. This is family. Worst thing about this family is to be female in this family. In this country. In this world. But I'm not just female. I'm an 18-year-old woman named Inga. Raised in an orphanage, at eighteen years old Inga is in danger of becoming homeless. As she has no idea how to live outside by herself and cannot thus risk her life being independent in society, she takes the offer from the orphanage director to marry an autistic man from a male-dominated family whom she sees for the first time on their wedding day. Inga can't imagine that the house where she will move to is controlled by strictly defined rules which destroy everyone who decides to rise against this family system.

No comments:

Post a Comment